Our buildings have unique character and so do the people who call them home. After learning some of the amazing stories and thoughtful intentions of our residents in 2019, we developed the 2020 Live With Character campaign to celebrate these local heroes.
“Live With Character” is defined by those who demonstrate a willingness to step out of their comfort zone to make a difference – whether that is improving others’ quality of life, raising awareness about issues or causes affecting our community, or caring for the environment, animals, or neighborhood itself.
Each quarter, the Live With Character campaign will feature a resident (or individual nominated by a resident) who is making an impact in the San Francisco Bay Area. The winners will receive a $1,500 cash prize, to be donated to a cause of their choice or used to directly fund their efforts to make a difference. Their stories will be featured on our website and social channels. At the end of the year, one of the four winners will be selected by a five-person panel to win a $5,000 prize. Each winner’s collective achievements will also be publicly recognized in the city of San Francisco.
Know Someone Who Lives With Character?
- Goes the extra mile to improve others’ quality of life
- Committed to the community; helps make the San Francisco Bay Area a better place to live and work
- Motivated by a desire to make an impact, independent of any financial reward
- Actions make a tangible difference in the community; not strictly philanthropic
- Must be a resident of a GreenTree building or be nominated by a GreenTree resident, Veritas employee, or community leader
- Must live in San Francisco or Oakland
- Cause must benefit residents of the Bay Area
- Nominee’s service must be performed outside of their paid employment
- Q1: March 2nd, 2020
- Q2: June 1st, 2020
- Q3: September 1st, 2020
- Q4: December 1st, 2020